96 BCD XT M8000 DROP-STOP CHAINRING - SHIMANO HG+
Looking for a 1X chainring for your new Shimano XT, SLX or Deore crankset with the proven chain retention of our Drop-Stop® chainrings? Wolf Tooth has what you need in the form of a beautifully machined asymmetrical 96 mm BCD that provides the ideal 1X chainline of 49mm. The Drop-Stop® tooth design is the best performing on the market, with exceptional durability.
Drop-Stop ST Chainrings are only compatible with Shimano 12-speed HG+ and KMC 12-Speed chains.
- Drop-Stop technology: On Wolf Tooth’s patented wide/narrow chainring, the wide side of the tooth has maximum contact on the drive side which spreads the load and improves chainring life. The narrow side allows clearance for mud and debris which reduces friction.
- Alternating wide/narrow tooth pattern prevents chain derailment.
- These rings fit on Shimano XT M8000, SLX M7000, Deore M6000, or FC MT5100 1x or 2x cranksets
- Not compatible with Deore triple (3x) cranksets.
- Designed to meet the requirements for E-bike use.
- Chainring Bolts: 10mm bolts are optimized for mounting this ring
- Drop-Stop ST models will have the same chainline as the Shimano specified chainline
- Drivetrains: 1x12 drivetrains using HG12+ or KMC 12-speed chains only
Wolf Tooth’s patented Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile delivers ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability. See below for Drop-Stop ST compatibility.
- We recommend the use of a clutch style rear derailleur for the best chain security.
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur. Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
Wolf Tooth was founded to design and manufacture precision cycling products that emphasize function, performance, and reliability to meet the needs of our fellow racers and riders.
We are a group of cyclists in Minneapolis, Minnesota that spend a lot of time talking about bike components. Like most detail-obsessed riders, we're always looking for new products that could make our bikes lighter, faster, more versatile, or more reliable. We pride ourselves on delivering premium products of the highest quality.
*Please note that our specifications may be impacted by running substitution changes, we highly recommend confirming the specifications of our products at the time of sale. *Recommended Retail Prices are subject to change without notice and may vary from store to store depending on freighting and assembly costs. Please read our Terms & Conditions
*Giant & Liv Bicycles are available for purchase online, but due to warranty regulations, must be shipped to qualified Giant dealers, as bicycles must be assembled by a qualified bike mechanic in an approved store - This is an international policy and usually will require an additional fee to build the bike. This will be confirmed by one of our online staff after purchase of the bike.